March 13, 2012

A pain in the mouth

Dear God. Why are you punishing me? I just always seem to have the perfect timing and all the luck. Please, sense the sarcasm. Heavy on the sarcasm. Let me tell you a story:

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Melissa. Melissa needed braces, but had too many teeth for her mouth. So she had her wisdom teeth yanked in the 7th grade, along with a few others. Braces on, off, lovely smile. Present day: Melissa still currently has a 2nd molar that has not yet come in. But now, it is deciding to make an appearance 17 years late. They always say how things are worse when you are an adult. They weren't kidding. TALK ABOUT PAINFUL. Poor Melissa can't even sleep through a night because it is so painful. To top it off, she's pregnant.

So about the perfect timing. I feel like I have not been able to enjoy my pregnancy at all yet really. First I was nauseous, then I had work issues, and now a possible impacted tooth with severe pain? Sweet. I really have all the luck. I am not even 100% sure if it is impacted, coming in or infected. It hurts worse by the day. The worst part is, I don't even know if they can do anything now that I am pregnant. I would assume if it was really bad they would have to do something. They wouldn't even take my x-rays because I am pregnant. Now I have to wait from my dentist in PA to mail me my x-rays. What a pain in the mouth.Literally. I have tried tylenol, Orajel, salt water, eating ice cream. I have even put an ice pack to my face. No relief at all. My PA dentist says there is room for it to come in, so why the delayed appearance tooth? Just hurry up and get in, because you hurt like a mo' fo and to top it off, you are pissing me off. AND I'm losing sleep.

I might lose my mind. I might have to take a day off work and drive to PA because apparently no one in DC has time to see me. Go figure. Plus, ive been going to him since I was like 7, and i trust him more than anyone else. I just hope he has time to see me this week. I think I might die from the pain, or possibly go insane.


No comments: