March 22, 2012

Maternity Clothes

I have been kind of avoiding maternity clothes for several reasons. Wearing my old clothes took away the fear that I would never fit into them again. I wont say i have been hiding my bump, but I have definitely not been flaunting it. I am just over 18 weeks, and I can still fit into my jeans, my khakis and a few select tops. I know people who started wearing maternity clothes at 12 weeks, and i know people who didn't need them until 6 months. I don't 100% need them yet. A few nights ago, I just started trying a bunch of maternity clothes I had gotten on that I had gotten on sale to see if they fit. Even though they told me they would usually stretch for your entire pregnancy, I have huge fear i will get fat and nothing will fit! I had a huge fear I would look frumpy

So, here I was, standing in front of the mirror, anticipating trying them on. I tried them on (they fit thank-goodness!), and I have no idea why I had been so afraid of them. Maternity clothes are COMFY!! Like, I don't even know if I want to go back to regular clothes after I have my baby, they are that comfortable! I had pictured myself in maternity clothes that resembled trash bags, but these are not only comfortable, they are cute too! The pants don't 100% fit in the belly yet, but I am sure in a month or so, I won't be having that problem! I even test wore them to work. My maternity work khakis are 1000x better than my regular khakis. I am no longer afraid!!!

No comments: