November 16, 2009

Shutterbug

Jack & I are the proud owners of a Canon EOS Rebel XS 18-55IS! :-)

I had mentioned to Jack I needed a hobby or something. I needed some purpose in life. Right now, my hobby is blogging, but I need a real hobby like knitting or something. Well, i can't knit, so I opted for something else.

I have always enjoyed taking pictures. I am always the person at wedding, parties, etc. who feels the need to take like 1000 pictures, and document every second of the event!

Jack & I had discussed getting a newer camera before. We already have a nice digital camera that we brought to Hawaii, which we defintely got good use out it! I think I posted like 400 pictures on facebook from our honeymoon!

We wanted a camera that was a little higher quality, one where you can change the lense, play around, and take different types of pictures.

I talked to the photographer who took pictures at our wedding , my friend Mike Morby, (he did an amazing job!), and ask him if he could recommend a good camera for beginners. He recommended the Canon Rebel XS. My friend Maureen from college, (who also take amazing pictures), loves her Nikon, but says Canon is good too.

Jack and I browsed around at prices, did some research. I did my research by going on Consumer Report ( i love that magazine). It came as a highly recommended camera. No place really sold it cheaper than another, the price ranges were all the same, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Ritz Camera etc. Best Buy was not having any kind of Black Friday sale on it. So, we decided purchasing a camera from Best Buy would be our better option, and they offer protection plans.

We went to Best Buy and looked around. They had another camera we liked the Canon Rebel XSI. It is a step up from the camera we were originally looking at, and a bit more expensive. We left the store empty handed and talked about it. We went back to Best Buy the next day again to look. Still torn between the two cameras, Jack noticed that Best Buy was offering a deal on the original camera we were looking at, the Canon Rebel XS. They were going to give you a camera, lense, rechargable battery, and ANOTHER lense for the same price as the expensive XSI we were looking at. No brainer obviously!

So, after all said and done we purchased the Canon Rebel XS, and we are very excited about it. Later after we were home, Jack confessed to me he wanted to try to see what his hand at photography would be, he wanted to give it a try too! So we are both very happy with our purchase. I can't wait to use it during the Holiday seasons!



No comments: