November 15, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe. Homemade!

I love pumpkin season. I try to use it as much as I can. As much as I dislike coffee, I do sometimes LOVE the smell. Especially the Pumpkin Spice Latte. I just don't like the idea of spending $5 on one. It just smells lovely, even though it just tastes like coffee to me. I decided before work yesterday I was going to try something for jack with some left over pumpkin I had. I figure it couldn't be that hard from home to make. Or at least figure out how to spice up the coffee.

I had googled and searched for a recipe, but I did not find anythnig I really wanted to try or do, or it really just sounded to complicated to try for one cup of coffee. I decided to just take some ideas from a few recipes to make it work. And this is what I came up with! Yesterday Jack said it was good, but the coffee taste was too strong. Today I adjusted it. And his review it today "AMAZING."

We have a Keurig at home, and ours has a reuseable filter so was can use our own coffee it it as well as the little individual containers. But, you don't need a Keurig for this, just a hot cup of coffee plus some other ingredients.  I guess you can all it a latte or just a really awesome coffee. :-) Save yourself the $5. Make it home yourself!


Melissa's Pumpkin Spiced Latte/Coffee:
 1 cup of coffee
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
 Dash of vanilla
 Whipped cream, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice to garnish (optional)

Brew your favorite cup of coffee.  Strong, if you want a strong coffee flavor in your latte.  We use a single brewer Keurig since we don’t go through pots of coffee at our house.

Add pumpkin puree, allspice, pumpkin pie spice, dash of vanilla to a half cup of milk.  Stir together.

Next: microwave. Two or 3 minutes later your pumpkin milk mixture is hot and frothy and ready for the latte. Pour mixture into your hot cup of coffee. Stir it around, top with whipped cream, and garnish with pumpkin pie spice & nutmeg.


There you go! Enjoy your nice warm homemade pumpkin spiced latte! If you have an comments or ways to improve it, please let me know!

No comments: