May 15, 2012

Fun way to ship cupcakes

I decided to send Jack a care package while he is at training. I had no baked in awhile, so I figured I would do that. I wanted to send cupcakes, but did not want them to get smushed. I found a fun way to ship them after searching online. There are a few ways I saw to do this.

You will need:
cupcakes
icing
mason jars
decorations (if desired)

I had made lemon cupcakes with vanilla frosting, and I threw on some rainbow sprinkles for fun. The way I did it: bake the cupcake normally and then place them in the mason jars. OR i saw you could actually just bake them in the mason jar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the finished product!

Bake cupcakes, let cool. Place cupcake on bottom

Cover with icing and optional decoration

Repeat. Screw on lid.

Done!

I used small jars, and it held 2 cupcakes. I didn't bother decorating it, i just shipped it the way it was.

No comments: